Tax Returns

emailSelf-Assessment Tax Returns

If you’re self-employed, a partner in a partnership or a company director then you will need to complete an annual self-assessment tax return.

Even if you’re not working for yourself you will need to submit a self-assessment tax return if you fit any of the following criteria:

  • You have large amounts of savings or investment income
  • You have untaxed savings or investment income
  • You own land or property and let it out
  • Your household receives Child Benefit and you have an annual income in excess of £50,000
  • You have income from overseas
  • You have sold or given an asset away (e.g. a holiday home)
  • You’ve lived or worked abroad or aren’t domiciled in the UK

Completing a self-assessment tax return is normally pretty straightforward but it depends on your circumstances. If you have other types of personal income, such as savings income or capital gains from selling investments then it can get more complicated.

It’s important that you submit an accurate self-assessment tax return as you don’t want to end up paying more tax than you need to. We can help you with this.

We can complete your self-assessment tax return on your behalf and file it online before the deadline. We will work out what tax you will need to pay and let you know when it needs to be paid by.

As part of the process we will identify if there are any ways in which you can reduce your tax liability.

Using us to complete your self-assessment tax return will give you peace of mind and assurance that you’re not paying any more tax than you need to.

Get in touch today - we'd love to help!