Our clients often ask us what information they need to provide us with in order to prepare their annual accounts.
Whether you’re a limited company or sole trader, you’ll need to provide details of all your incoming and outgoing expenses that full under the remit of your business.
Preparing for your annual accounts
Here is our handy checklist of the information you’ll need to provide to your accountant:
- Sales and purchase invoices/receipts
- Bank statements
- Credit card statements
- Cheque book and paying in book stubs
- VAT returns together with any workings (if you’re VAT registered)
- Petty cash receipts
- Your payroll records for the year (if applicable)
- Copies of any new loan agreements taken out in the year
- Details of any expenditure that didn’t go through your business bank account
You can supply this information electronically or if you prefer to keep written records. We can work with either but please do let us know in advance which method you prefer.
We always advise our clients to record their finances as they go along to avoid a frenzied rush at the end of the year. This also makes it easier to get your documents to us in plenty of time for your year-end submission deadline.
If you’re looking for an accountant to help you with your annual accounts please give us a call on 01297 639457 and let us see how we can help.
We’re happy to work with whatever accounting system you choose. We’ve even been known to produce annual accounts from a carrier bag of receipts and paperwork left on our doorstep!